Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Premier card combines travel and fun by offering 3 points on airfare, hotels, gas, grocery, and dining and 1 point everywhere else. You get travel benefits, like no foreign transaction fee, extended warranty protection, purchase protection, and more.
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for one Citi personal card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi personal cards every 65 days
- Citi usually pulls your Experian credit report, sometimes Experian and Equifax (if you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Earn a $100 credit when you book a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, through thankyou.com once per calendar year
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection