Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Premier card combines travel and fun by offering 3 points on airfare, hotels, gas, grocery, and dining and 1 point everywhere else. You get travel benefits, like no foreign transaction fee, extended warranty protection, purchase protection, and more.
- Good credit needed
- Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days.
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report, sometimes Equifax, and sometimes Experian and Equifax (depending on your state, search your state in our credit card database)
- If you freeze your Experian credit report you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report.
- Credit inquiries for all Personal Citi cards will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Citi cards will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. Note, you cannot get approved for more than one Citi personal card within 8 days (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- The Citi Premier card ($95) can be downgraded to the Citi Rewards ($0), Citi Double Cash ($0), Citi AA MileUp ($0), Citi Costco ($0), or to the Citi AT&T Access ($0). New! Citi Custom Cash ($0)
No foreign transaction fee.
Get a $100 credit when you book a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, through thankyou.com once per calendar year.
Get two additional years to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per item.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.