Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Premier card combines travel and fun by offering 3 points on travel (gas included), 2 miles on restaurants and entertainment, and 1 point everywhere else. Points are worth 25% more on airfare and you get other travel benefits, like no foreign transaction fee, extended warranty protection, and purchase protection.
- Good credit needed
- You cannot receive another bonus if you’ve opened or closed a card within the same brand or family in the past 24 months
- You can only get approved for one Citi personal card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi personal cards every 65 days
- Citi usually pulls your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Earn a $100 credit when you book a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, through thankyou.com once per calendar year
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection