Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The AAdvantage MileUp card is a entry level non annual fee AA credit card. You will earn 2 points on all AA purchases. Also receive 2 point on groceries. The cards does not have much benefits except of a 25% discount on in-flight purchases of food and drinks
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days
- American Airlines
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Citi will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Credit bureau: Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report, sometimes Equifax, and sometimes Experian and Equifax (depending on your state, search your state in our credit card database)
- If you freeze your Experian credit report you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal Citi cards will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Citi cards will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. Note, you cannot get approved for more than one Citi personal card within 8 days (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: American Airline Citi cards will be available online immediately after you get approved. Citi physical credit cards cannot be expedited and will arrive after 7-10 business days
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $4,600-$4,600
Avg. Credit limit$4,600
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
Get two additional years to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per item.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Receive 25% back (statement credit) on American Airlines for inflight purchases of food and drinks.