Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The card_name will get your cash flowing with 2% cashback on all purchases, now convertible to Citi ThankYou points. It has an intro 0% APR period, 18-month on balance transfers.
- Max cards: Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days
- Credit bureau: Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report, sometimes Equifax, and sometimes Experian and Equifax (depending on your state, search your state in our credit card database)
- If you freeze your Experian credit report you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal Citi cards will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Citi cards will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. Note, you cannot get approved for more than one Citi personal card within 8 days (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Citi will offer instant credit card numbers only on some cards (Custom Cash, Costco cards applied for in-store, AA, AT&T). Citi physical credit cards cannot be expedited and will arrive after 7-10 business days
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $500-$22,000
Avg. Credit limit$6,767
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
- Balance transfer Fee: Intro fee for 3% or $5, whichever is greater for transfers completed within the first 4 months after that the fee. After that, your fee will be 5% of each transfer (minimum $5)
- You cannot transfer balances from another credit card issued by Citi Bank
- Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR Offer
The points can be redeemed as cashback for 1 penny per point.
If you only have the Citi Double Cash® Card then you cannot transfer your points to any partners.
But if you also have the Citi Premier Card or the Citi Prestige, then you can transfer your points to one of these cards and then transfer your points to any of the following airline or hotel partners.
|Transfer Ratio||Transfer Time|
|Aeromexico – Club Premier||1:1||Instant|
|Air France, KLM – Flying Blue||1:1||Instant|
|Avianca – LifeMiles||1:1||Instant|
|Cathay Pacific – Asia Miles||1:1||Instant|
|Emirates – Skywards||1:1||Instant|
|EVA Air Infinity MileageLands||1:1||2 days|
|JetBlue – TrueBlue||1:1||Instant|
|Qantas Frequent Flyer||1:1||Instant|
|Qatar Airways Privilege Club||1:1||2 days|
|Singapore Airlines -KrisFlyer||1:1||2 days|
|Thai Airways – Royal Orchid Plus||1:1||4 days|
|Turkish Airlines – Miles & Smiles||1:1||Instant|
|Virgin Atlantic – FlyingClub||1:1||Instant|
|Wyndham Rewards||1:1||24 hours|