Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Double Cash card will get your cash flowing with 2% cashback on all purchases, now convertible to Citi ThankYou points. It also has an intro 0% APR period, 18-month on balance transfers.
- Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer Fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from another credit card issued by Citi Bank
- Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR Offer