Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Rewards Card is great for bumping up your points with inter-city shopping, as you get 2 points on gas and supermarkets on the first $6,000 spent annually. Its super points deal on rounding up all transactions to the nearest 10 gets you a lot more points for each dollar spent. And to top it off, get 10% back on the first 100,000 points redeemed annually. The card also features an intro 0% APR period for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report, sometimes Equifax, and sometimes Experian and Equifax (depending on your state, search your state in our credit card database)
- If you freeze your Experian credit report you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report.
- Credit inquiries for all Personal Citi cards will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Citi cards will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. Note, you cannot get approved for more than one Citi personal card within 8 days (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Citi Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 4 months of account opening
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR offer
Earn 10% back on the first 100,000 points redeemed annually.
Get two additional years to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per item.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, or stolen for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim ($50,000 per year)