Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Rewards Card is great for bumping up your points with inter-city shopping, as you get 2 points on gas and supermarkets on the first $6,000 spent annually. Its super points deal on rounding up all transactions to the nearest 10 gets you a lot more points for each dollar spent. And to top it off, get 10% back on the first 100,000 points redeemed annually. The card also features an intro 0% APR period for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for one Citi Personal Card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi Personal Cards every 65 days
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Citi Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 4 months of account opening
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR offer
- Earn 10% back on the first 100,000 points redeemed annually
- All transactions round up to the nearest 10 points (a $1 gum earns 10 points)