Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The AAdvantage Elite Travel Rewards card offers elite travel benefits, including priority check in and boarding for you and 8 companions, Global Entry or TSA Precheck, and more!
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 1 Citi Personal Card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi Personal Cards every 65 days
- American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus Miles are not available if you have received a New Account Bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive account in the past 48 months
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 645 7240
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Receive 10,000 AAdvantage elite miles (EQMs) after $40,000 spent within the year _ First bag checked free on domestic flights
- Receive 25% savings on in flight food and drinks
- Concierge for foreign and domestic travel, shopping, dining, household, and entertainment
- Priority check in, airport screening, and boarding for you and up to 8 companions
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Lounge Access
- Purchase Protection