Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard can work great for those traveling with American Airlines, earning 2 miles on every dollar spent on AA purchases. You will also earn 2 miles on dollars spent on US gas and restaurants. Travel domestic on AA and your first checked bag will be free for you and four companions traveling along with you. Receive a $125 discount flight discount after $20,000 spent during your first year and you renew the card. You also get preferred boarding on AA flights, and more!
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 1 Citi Personal Card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi Personal Cards every 65 days
- American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus Miles are not available if you have received a New Account Bonus for a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select Account in the past 48 months
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- First checked bag free on domestic American airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Earn $125 American airlines flight discount after $20,000 spent within the first year and renew your card
- Preferred boarding on American airlines flights
- Earn 25% savings when using your card on in flight food and beverages on American airlines flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fee