Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card gets you 6 point at Marriott hotels and 4 points at restaurants, gas stations, and wireless telephone services. You will get a Free night award after every card anniversary. Plus, get a second Free Night certificate after you spend $60,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Double dipping: if you received the bonus with the SPG Business version then you cannot receive the bonus again. The welcome offer is not available if you got a welcome bonus on any Chase consumer Marriott card within the past 24 months. You will also not receive the bonus if you got approved for a Chase Marriott Business card within the last 90 days (even if you did not receive the bonus).
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $3,000-$20,000
Avg. Credit limit$13,250
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get complimentary upgraded to Marriott Silver Elite status.
Plus, get complimentary upgraded to Marriot Gold Status if you spend more than $35,000 on your card within a calendar year.
Plus, get 15 Elite night credits per calendar year to make it easier for you to reach higher elite status.
Get a free 1-night award certificate every year after your card renewal month.
Plus, get an additional Free Night certificate after you spend $60,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year, at participating hotels. (Free nights can be used at a redemption level of up to 35,000 points per night).
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $1,250 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.