Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ offers Marriot Gold Elite status, extra elite night credits, and a free night if you spend $15,000. Rewards include 6 points on Marriott Purchases, 4 points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants worldwide and at US groceries, and 2 points on all other purchases! The many benefits offered on the card will make your Marriott stays feel VIP level!
- Credit: Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Chase card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Chase is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. If the first application is still pending, wait for it to be approved before you apply for a second card
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
-6 points on Marriott Purchases
-4 points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants worldwide and at US groceries
-2 points on all other purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Get complimentary upgraded to Gold Elite status.
Plus, get 15 Elite night credits per calendar year to make it easier for you to reach higher Elite status.
Get a free 1-night hotel stay at a participating hotel after each card account anniversary year. Up to 50,000 points value. Plus, you have the option to top off the certificate by adding up to 15,000 Marriot points to book a stay for 65k points.
Primary coverage on rentals when renting outside of your country of residence, and secondary coverage on rentals when renting within your country of residence. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 5 days.