Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred is the highest earner for grocery spending. Even after deducting the annual fee you will still be left over with a 4% earning on US grocery spending. Plus, you will earn 3% cash back on purchases at US gas stations and transit as well. It is also the Amex card with the cheapest annual fee ($95) that comes with the 90-day return protection benefit (one of my personal favorite credit card benefits). The 12 month 0% APR is also something that can help with managing your cash flow. Shop with confidence with more Amex benefits like purchase protection, extended warranty protection and more.
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 2 Amex cards in 90 days. A customer can have up to 4 Amex credit cards (excluding charge cards). If you already have 4 open Amex credit cards you may be declined (this is not always enforced)
- You can only receive 1 welcome bonus per lifetime on each Amex credit card
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Global Assist Hotline
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Return Protection
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection