Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Gold Card is a great card for the everyday mom. It earns you 4 points on purchases from US supermarkets (up to $25,000 spent annually) and 4 points at restaurants worldwide. You will also earn a $10 statement credit monthly on purchases at select restaurants. Next up is travel with 3 points earned on flights booked directly with Amex, The super benefits and protections include trip delay insurance, baggage insurance, auto rental coverage, purchase protection and extended warranty protection.
- Fair credit is ok
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to-and including- 10 Amex No Preset Spending Limit* cards. (This rule is not always enforced)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Earn $100 annual airline incidental credit
- Earn $10 statement credit monthly for purchases at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake Shack (not all locations), and Boxed.com
- Earn $120 annually in Uber cash, $10 per month, starting in 2021
- Global Assist Hotline
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection