Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Green card is designed as a in between luxury / basic travel card. You will earn 3 points on travel, restaurants, and transit purchases. Plus up to $200 in travel credits by the biometric airport screening service CLEAR, and LoungeBuddy. Benefits include no foreign transaction fees, lost luggage insurance, auto rental insurance, and more.
- Recommended good credit
- You can only get approved for 2 Amex cards in 90 days. A customer can have up to 10 Amex charge cards. If you already have 10 open Amex charge cards you may be declined (this is not always enforced)
- This Amex Green Card does not have a preset credit limit, AKA charge card
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Receive $100 per calendar year when you pay for your CLEAR membership with your card
- Receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on LoungeBuddy purchases.
- Global Assist Hotline
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Lounge Access
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection