Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Green card is designed as a in between luxury / basic travel card. You will earn 3 points on travel, restaurants, and transit purchases. Plus up to $200 in travel credits by the biometric airport screening service CLEAR, and LoungeBuddy. Benefits include no foreign transaction fees, lost luggage insurance, auto rental insurance, and more.
- Recommended good credit
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to-and including- 10 Amex No Preset Spending Limit* cards. (This rule is not always enforced)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- The Amex Green Consumer card cannot be downgraded to a card with no annual fee.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get a $100 credit per calendar year when you pay for your CLEAR membership with your card.
Get up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on LoungeBuddy purchases.
Secondary worldwide coverage (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand) on rentals up to 30 days. Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $500 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $300 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.