Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Platinum Business card is a super luxury business card. You will earn 5 points on travel booked with Amex travel. and 1.5 points on purchases of $5,000 or more. Plus get 35% of your points back when you book an eligible flight on Amex travel using your Membership Reward points (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year). Extra luggage fee? Upgrade fee? No worries, the card comes with a $200 incidental credit each calendar year. Some great travel benefits include Global Entry, TSA precheck, complimentary Hilton and Marriot Gold status, and free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide. You will get up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases at Dell ($100 credits twice a year) and one year free Platinum Global Access from WeWork. The card also has many great travel and purchase protections like return protection, baggage insurance, and more!
- Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to-and including- 10 Amex No Preset Spending Limit* cards. (This rule is not always enforced)
- Amex will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- The Amex Business Platinum card can be downgraded to the Amex Business Gold ($295) or to the Amex Business Green ($95). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
No foreign transaction fee.
Complimentary Hilton Gold Status.
Marriott Gold Status.
National Emerald Club Executive Status.
Avis Preferred Club Status (publicly available).
Hertz Gold Plus status, plus, get free upgrades, an extra 4 hours to return your car, and one free additional driver.
Get a $200 airline incidental fee credit each calendar year.
Get 1 year free Platinum global access from WeWork.
Get up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases at Dell ($100 credits twice a year).
Earn 35% of your points back when you book an eligible flight on Amex travel using your membership reward points (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year).
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4-4.5 years.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to;
Priority Pass Select
Delta Skyclub lounges (when flying Delta)
Select Lufthansa lounges (when flying Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, or Swiss)
Max $10,000 per person per trip. Max $20,000 per year.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $75,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $2,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone is damaged or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Platinum Business credit card. Max 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.