Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express is a super luxury business card. You will earn 5 points on travel booked with Amex travel. and 1.5 points on purchases of $5,000 or more. Plus get 35% of your points back when you book an eligible flight on Amex travel using your Membership Reward points (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year). Extra luggage fee? Upgrade fee? No worries, the card comes with a $200 incidental credit each calendar year. Some great travel benefits include Global Entry, TSA precheck, complimentary Hilton and Marriot Gold status, and free access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide. You will get up to $400 in statement credits annually for purchases at Dell ($200 credits twice a year), a $120 wireless credit, and many more credits (see details below). The card also has many great travel and purchase protections like return protection, baggage insurance, and more!
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to-and including- 10 Amex No Preset Spending Limit* cards. (This rule is not always enforced)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Amex will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex Platinum physical cards will automatically be expedited and delivered overnight.
- Downgrade options: The Amex Business Platinum card can be downgraded to the Amex Business Gold ($295) or to the Amex Business Green ($95). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
No foreign transaction fee.
Complimentary Hilton Gold Status.
Marriott Gold Status.
National Emerald Club Executive Status.
Avis Preferred Club Status (publicly available).
New! Hertz President Circle. Plus get an extra 4 hours to return your car (For the 4-hour grace period you need to use the Amex Platinum CDP )
Get a $200 airline incidental fee credit each calendar year.
Enhanced! Get up to $400 in statement credits annually for purchases at Dell ($200 credits twice a year).
New! Get $360 indeed credit per year. Get up to $90 each quarter for purchases made at Indeed.
New! Get $150 credit per calendar year for an Adobe subscription.
New! Get a $120 credit for wireless purchases. Get up to $10 per month on wireless purchases made on your card.
Get a $189 CLEAR statement credit per calendar year.
Earn 35% of your points back when you book an eligible flight on Amex travel using your membership reward points (up to 1,000,000 points back per calendar year).
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4-4.5 years.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select:
Delta Skyclub lounges (when flying Delta)
Select Lufthansa lounges (when flying Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, or Swiss)
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per person per trip, $20,000 per year for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $75,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get covered for lost or damaged luggage up to $2,000 per person for checked baggage and up to $3,000 per person for checked and carry-on baggage combined. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone is damaged or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Platinum Business credit card. Max 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
The following are your options for redeeming Amex Points for cashback:
- Use points for a statement credit at 0.6 cents per point (very poor value)
- If you have The American Express Platinum Card for Schwab ($695) you can use your points to transfer to your Chares Schwab account at 1.1 cents per point
- With The Business Platinum Card from American Express ($695) you can transfer your points to your Amex Business checking account at 1 cent per point
- If you have the Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum ($695) you can deposit your points to your Morgan Stanley account at 1 cent per point
You can use your points to book airfare, hotels, car rentals, and more on Amex Travel. You will get 1 penny per point for flights and 0.7 cents per point towards all other travel.
With The Business Platinum Card from American Express you can get 35% of your points back when booking a flight on Amex (up to 1,00,000 points back per calendar year).
In order to qualify for the 35% points back promo, the flight needs to be one of the following:
- Flights booked on your preferred airline – this is a single airline you choose once a year in January as your preferred airline. You can choose any of the following U.S. airlines:
- You will also receive a 35% rebate when you book a first or business-class ticket on any airline (regardless of the airline you choose as your preferred airline)
You can transfer your points to any of the following Amex Travel partners.
|Transfer Ratio||Transfer Time|
|Aer Lingus, AerClub||1:1||Instant|
|Cathay Pacific||1:1||Up to 1 week|
|Singapore Airlines||1:1||1-2 days|