Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Gold Business card is super beneficial for businesses swiping on airfare, gas, shipping, restaurants, and media, advertising. You will earn 4 points for two of the above categories up to $150,000 spent annually. Book a flight through Amex travel and receive 25% of your points back! It comes along with basic travel benefits as auto insurance, lost luggage insurance, and more.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to and including- 10 Amex No Preset Spending Limit* cards. (This rule is not always enforced)Not reported on personal credit reports: Amex will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
- Downgrade options: The Amex Business Gold card can be downgraded to the Amex Business Green ($95) card. Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get 25% of your points back when you book an eligible flight on Amex travel using your membership reward points (up to 250,000 points back per calendar year).
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $500 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $300 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.