Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex card will have you spending lots of time at Marriott hotels! You earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points at those hotels, along with travel benefits such as complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status, A annual free night certificate, and more. Travel benefits include lounge access with PriorityPass, Global Entry or TSA Precheck, lost luggage insurance, and more.
- Good credit needed
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
No foreign transaction fee.
Get complimentary upgraded to Gold Elite status.
Plus, get 15 Elite night credits per calendar year to make it easier for you to reach higher Elite status.
Get up to $300 credits per calendar year for eligible purchases at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Receive a $100 Marriott Bonvoy property card after you book a 2-night stay at a Ritz Carlton or St. Regis hotel.
Get a free 1-night hotel stay at a participating hotel after each card account anniversary year. Up to 50,000 points value.
Get up to a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4-4.5 years.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per person per trip, max $20,000 per year.
Secondary worldwide coverage (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand) on rentals up to 30 days. Max $75,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $2,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.