Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® can have you feeling free spirited with the 3 points you'll get on Spirit purchases. Also, some good travel benefits include shortcut boarding and a $100 companion flight voucher.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America personal cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America personal cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America personal cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a personal Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America personal credit cards open
- BOA 2/6 cards in 12 months rule: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Unless you are a BOA bank account holder, then you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- 24 month rule: The Free Spirit Travel card may not be available to you if you currently have or have had the Free Spirit Travel card in the past 24 month period. Based on these terms, it seems that you "may" not be eligible for a new card until your previous card is closed for a full 24 months
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Bank Of America card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Bank Of America is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian then Bank Of America will pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for applications within 30 days will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: I don't have a direct line to Bank of America's reconsideration department. If declined, you can call the new accounts fraud department at 1-888-230-6262, and they can connect you to the reconsideration department
- Quickest way to get my card: You can request Bank of America to expedite your physical card by calling Bank of America customer service. Bank of America will in most cases not offer an instant credit card number for your new card.
- Downgrade options: You can downgrade the Free Spirit card ($79) to any of the following cards: Bank Of America Customized Cash Rewards ($0), Bank Of America Travel Rewards ($0), Bank Of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($0).
Earn a $100 companion certificate every anniversary year after spending $5,000 or more within the previous year.
Receive 25% back for inflight purchases of food and drinks.
Get expedited to zone 2 boarding for all Spirit Airline flights.
The points can be used at approximately 1 cent per point to book award flights with one of the Free Spirit airline partners.