Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The BOA Cash Rewards card is great for BOA rewards as they offer an additional 25%/75% rewards bonus on every purchase for preferred rewards customers. Worth it to be a customer! Earn 3% on these categories and on more: gas, online shopping, and travel.
- Good credit needed
- Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America credit cards open
- Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then Bank Of America pull your TransUnion credit report)
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 800 354 0401 to be reconsidered
- Preferred rewards customers get an additional 25%/75% rewards bonus on every purchase
- Roadside Dispatch
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection