Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Bank Of America Customized Cash Rewards card is great for BOA rewards as they offer an additional 25%/75% rewards bonus on every purchase for preferred rewards customers. Worth it to be a customer! Earn 3% on these categories and on more: gas, online shopping, and travel.
- Max cards: Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America personal cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America personal cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America personal cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a personal Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America personal credit cards open
- BOA 2/6 cards in 12 months rule: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Unless you are a BOA bank account holder, then you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- 24 month rule: The Customized Cash Rewards Card may not be available to you if you currently have or have had the Customized Cash Rewards Card in the past 24 month period. Based on these terms, it seems that you "may" not be eligible for a new card until your previous card is closed for a full 24 months
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Bank Of America card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Bank Of America is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian then Bank Of America will pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for applications within 30 days will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: I don't have a direct line to Bank of America's reconsideration department. If declined, you can call the new accounts fraud department at 1-888-230-6262, and they can connect you to the reconsideration department
- Quickest way to get my card: You can request Bank of America to expedite your physical card by calling Bank of America customer service. Bank of America will in most cases not offer an instant credit card number for your new card.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $400-$45,000
Avg. Credit limit$11,077
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
- Balance transfer fee: Intro fee for 3%
- Penalty APR
Bonus rewards with Bank Of America Preferred Rewards. Platinum Honors members ($100,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 75% more rewards on all purchases, Platinum members ($50,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 50% more rewards on all purchases, Gold members ($20,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 25% more rewards on all purchases.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per year.