Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
With the Bank of America Travel Rewards card you can earn unlimited 1.5 points unlimited on all purchases you make, anywhere and at any time. Then redeem those points towards travel of your choice. Benefits include no foreign transaction fees, plus the standard Visa Signature benefits.
- Max cards: Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America personal cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America personal cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America personal cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a personal Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America personal credit cards open
- BOA 2/6 cards in 12 months rule: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian then Bank Of America will pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, Credit inquiries for all Business BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: The old reconsideration number stopped working. There is currently no reconsideration phone line that I am aware of
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $500-$24,000
Avg. Credit limit$13,786
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $10, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Bonus rewards with Bank Of America Preferred Rewards. Platinum Honors members ($100,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 75% more rewards on all purchases, Platinum members ($50,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 50% more rewards on all purchases, Gold members ($20,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 25% more rewards on all purchases.