Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
With the Bank of America Travel Rewards card you can earn unlimited 1.5 points unlimited on all purchases you make, anywhere and at any time. Then redeem those points towards travel of your choice. Benefits include no foreign transaction fees, plus the standard Visa Signature benefits.
- Good credit needed
- Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America credit cards open
- Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- You can receive the welcome bonus on the Bank of America Travel Rewards Card even if you received already a welcome bonus in the past
- Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then Bank Of America pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, Credit inquiries for all Business BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 800 354 0401 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $10, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Bonus rewards with Bank Of America Preferred Rewards. Platinum Honors members ($100,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 75% more rewards on all purchases, Platinum members ($50,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 50% more rewards on all purchases, Gold members ($20,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts) earn 25% more rewards on all purchases.