Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has your back, ensuring you get your money's worth if you ever run into a mishap during traveling. This card gives you an annual $300 travel credit as well as a full package of luxury benefits. By having the Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can effectively higher the value of all your Ultimate Rewards points and receive 1.5 cents per point towards any travel booked on the Chase Travel portal.
- Excellent credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- If you have any Sapphire card currently open (Reserve or Preferred), Chase will not approve you for a new Sapphire card (regardless of which Sapphire card you apply for). You can close or product change the card and apply for a new one after approx 48 hours (As long as you did not receive a welcome offer on any Sapphire card within the past 48 months). You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve card can be downgraded to the Sapphire Preferred ($95), Freedom Unlimited ($0), Freedom Flex ($0), or to the Sapphire ($0) - only available via product change. Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
Emerald Club Executive Status
Avis Preferred Status
Special Silvercar privileges.
Get a $300 annual travel credit each card member year.
Get a $60 annual Doordash credit each calendar year.
Receive $120 in statement credits valid for Peloton Digital and All Access Memberships, through 12/31/2021.
Points are worth 50% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4 years.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Worldwide primary coverage on rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days, Max $75,000 per rental.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year on top of the original manufacturer’s warranty. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim $50,000 per account.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 5 days.
Get 4 free roadside service calls valued up to $50 each per year.
Get covered $2,500 with a $50 deductible for any medical expense while traveling 100+ miles from your home (trip must include travel on a common carrier).