Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The all new Chase Freedom Flex card has a wide range of MasterCard benefits and great rewards. The intro 0% APR for 15 months will give you more room for purchases and balance transfers while aiding your cash flow.
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Double dipping: If you have any Chase Freedom card currently open (Freedom, Freedom Flex, or Freedom Unlimited), Chase may not approve you for a new Freedom card (regardless of which Freedom card you apply for). This rule is not set in stone, though
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $500-$27,700
Avg. Credit limit$9,617
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer Fee: The intro balance transfer fee on transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening is either $5 or 3%, whichever is greater. After that, the fee is $5 or 5%, whichever is greater.
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Chase Bank
- Balance transfers are capped at $15,000 (each month) even if your credit limit is higher
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR Offer
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim, and up to $1,000 per year (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone is damaged or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Freedom Flex credit card. Max 2 claims per year.