Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Chase Ink Business Preferred is very much linked with travel. It is one of the cheapest business travel cards that provide so many great benefits and various insurances throughout a trip. The card earns a whopping 3 points on a full list of categories including travel. You can also enjoy the great welcome bonus even after receiving the welcome bonus on other Chase Ink products.
- Good credit (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase Bank will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- The Chase Ink Business Preferred card can be downgraded to the Chase Ink Cash ($0), or to the Chase Ink Unlimited ($0). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
No foreign transaction fee
Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Worldwide primary coverage on rentals for business purposes, and secondary coverage on rentals for personal purposes. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $100 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Ink Preferred credit card. Max 3 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 5 days.
Get roadside service calls dispatched for free. You will have to pay a set service fee per call.