Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The American Express Gold Delta Skymiles card is great for those traveling Delta as you get 2 points on Delta purchases, restaurants, and U.S. supermarkets, and 1 point everywhere else. More Delta benefits include a free first checked bag and priority boarding. If you pay for flights with the Miles Program you are guaranteed to get a minimum value of 1.0 cents per mile on Delta flights. Amex will protect you as you travel, with insurances including baggage insurance, free foreign transactions, auto rental insurance, and more. You will also be protected with the Amex purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and more.
- Fair credit is ok
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to - and including- 4 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 4 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- First bag checked is free on Delta flights
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
- Earn $100 Delta flight credit after $10,000 spent within a calendar year
- Pay with miles program, get a minimum of 1 cent per mile on delta flights
- Get a 20% discount on in flight purchases
- Global Assist
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection