Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The United Club Infinite is the ultimate luxury United credit card. Enjoy benefits like free upgrades with United Airlines, priority check-in, and security screening, United Lounge Access, Complimentary Hertz Presidents Circle, and much more (see full details below)! You can use your points to pay the annual fee at a rate of 1.5 cents per point.
If you are looking for a top-of-the-line United credit card then get the card_name. It has a steep $525 annual fee, but the benefits might justify it for some of you. You can use your points to pay the annual fee at a rate of 1.5 cents per point. Fly high with Premier access for check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling! Get Expanded Savor Award availability. By being a cardholder you will also get a bit of a priority to get upgraded to first or business class upon availability (this is only for United MileagePlus Premier members). Enjoy a complimentary upgrade to IHG Platinum status, And unlimited access to United Airport lounges for you and up to two companions.
- Credit: Excellent credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more personal cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Chase card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Chase is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. If the first application is still pending, wait for it to be approved before you apply for a second card
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
- Downgrade options: The Chase United Club card can be downgraded to the Chase United Explorer ($95) or to the Chase United Gateway ($0). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $15,000-$27,700
Avg. Credit limit$22,244
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
No foreign transaction fee.
Premier upgrades for you and your companions on United flights (only for Mileage Plus Premier members)
New! Get complimentary upgraded to IHG Platinum status
Get boosted to a higher status faster! Earn up to 8,000 bonus Premier Qualifying Points. Earn 500 PQPs for every $12,000 you spend with your card (up to 8,000 PQPs per calendar year).
First and second checked bags free for you and one companion on United flights. Plus receive a free carry-on bag even with a basic economy ticket. The ticket must be purchased with your United credit card and your MileagePlus number must be added to the reservation.
Expanded Award Availability on United Flights when booking award flights. You can use you points to pay your card annual fee at a rate of 1.5 cents per point.
Statement credit for Global Entry, TSA Precheck, or NEXUS every 4 years.
Complimentary access to United Club lounges, for you and 2 companions when flying United or its partners.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per person, max $20,000 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Worldwide primary coverage on rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less).
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.
Premier Access for check in, security, boarding, baggage handling
Receive 25% back (statement credit) on United for inflight purchases of Wifi, food and drinks.
The points can be used at approximately 1 penny per point to book award flights with one of the following United airline partners:
- United Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air India
- Air New Zealand
- All Nippon Airways (ANA)
- Austrian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Swiss Airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Airways
You can also PayYourselfBack by paying for the annual fee on your card and offsetting the fee with points. You can get 1.75 cents per point.
United has switched to dynamic pricing almost entirely, but this “almost” thingy means there are still some remnants of normal values United once maintained in its award chart. You can still find some saver awards (which are very mediocre, at best), but the only way to find these awards is to look for your dates and destination. Fortunately, you can still see monthly calendars if you’re flexible with your dates.
Here’s why United MileagePlus is still relevant:
- You most probably have some United miles in your coffers
- United miles don’t expire
- United elite members and credit card holders have access to better Saver award space
- The United award search engine interface is easy to use
- United has a huge number of partners, which makes it easier to find Saver availability
- There are no fuel surcharges ever
- United offers a free stopover on a round-trip award ticket (Excursionist Perk)