Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The United Gateway card has benefits for you to use on your trips, including trip cancellation insurance and free foreign transactions.
- Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency, etc. Max $1,500 per person for a max of $6,000 per trip.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 31 days within your country residence
Get one additional year on top of the original manufacturer’s warranty. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim $50,000 per account.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen for up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim $50,000 per account