Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Hilton Honors Amex Aspire card offers extreme Hilton benefits including complementary Hilton Diamond status (great for room upgrades), an annual free weekend night, Hilton $250 resort credit, and more! It also comes along with a full package of travel benefits including Priority Pass airport lounge access, no foreign transaction fees, baggage insurance, and more!
- Good credit needed
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to - and including- 4 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 4 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- The Amex Hilton Aspire card can be downgraded to the Amex Hilton Surpass ($95) or to the Amex Hilton ($0). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Enjoy complimentary Hilton Diamond status
Receive $250 airline fee credit per year for incidental fees.
Receive a $250 credit each year for purchases at participating Hilton Resorts. Receive a $100 property credit when booking 2 nights or more at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad Hotels (reference ZZAAP1 when booking by phone)
Receive 1 free Hilton weekend night the first year, and every year upon renewal
Access for you plus two guests to 12,000+ airport lounges, with a complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to a unforeseen medical emergency, etc. Max $10,000 per person per trip for a max of $20,000 per year.
Secondary worldwide coverage (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand) on rentals up to 30 days (max $75,000). You can purchase from Amex a premium plan that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days (max $100,000).
Up to $2,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage (max $10,000 per trip for NY residents)
If your flight is delayed more than 6 hours you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items (up to two claims per year).
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that are passed the store return policy for up to 90 days. Max $300 per claim, $1,000 per year)
Get one additional year on top of the original manufacturer’s warranty. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less. Max $10,000 each claim and $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim ($50,000 per year)