Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Hilton Honors Amex Aspire card offers extreme Hilton benefits including complementary Hilton Diamond status (great for room upgrades), an annual free weekend night, Hilton $250 resort credit, and more! It also comes along with a full package of travel benefits including Priority Pass airport lounge access, no foreign transaction fees, baggage insurance, and more!
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
- Downgrade options: The Amex Hilton Aspire card can be downgraded to the Amex Hilton Surpass ($95) or to the Amex Hilton ($0). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $3,100-$3,100
Avg. Credit limit$3,100
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Enjoy complimentary Hilton Diamond status.
Get a $250 airline fee credit per year for incidental fees.
Get a $250 credit each year for purchases at participating Hilton Resorts.
Receive a $100 property credit when booking 2 nights or more at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad Hotels (book here hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com or reference ZZAAP1 when booking by phone).
Get a free 1 Hilton weekend night stay the first year, and every year upon renewal.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per person per trip, max $20,000 per year for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $75,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get covered for lost or damaged luggage up to $2,000 per person for checked baggage and up to $3,000 per person for checked and carry-on baggage combined. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.