Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Hilton Surpass card really is the perfect card to use to rack up Hilton points! Earn 12 points on each dollar spent with Hilton hotels, 6 points on gas, supermarkets, and dining in the US, and 3 points per dollar on all other purchases. Enjoy some great benefits during your Hilton stay, like, complimentary Gold status, (and possibly Diamond status), and a weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. The Hilton Honors Surpass card is also the cheapest credit card that comes along with the Priority Pass airport lounge access.
- Fair credit is ok
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to - and including- 4 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 4 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Earn a weekend night reward from Hilton Honors after $15,000 spent in a calendar year
- Complimentary Gold Status. Earn Hilton Honors Diamond Status through the next calendar year after $40,000 spent
- Receive 10 free Priority Pass lounge passes annually
- Global Assist Hotline
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Lounge Access
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection