Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card is the most luxurious Delta credit card available. The card will do a lot to help you lock in free upgrades on Delta flights. Plus it includes many more great Delta benefits including first checked bag free for you and up to eight companions, priority boarding, Bonus MQMs, and more. It also comes along with a full suite of travel benefits including airport lounge access (when flying Delta), Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, lost luggage insurance, and more! But, keep in mind it does have a super high annual fee ($550).
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
- Downgrade options: The Delta Reserve Business card can be downgraded to the Delta Platinum Business ($250), or to the Delta Gold Business ($99). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $8,000-$8,000
Avg. Credit limit$8,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- 3 points on Delta purchases
- 1.5 points on all purchases after $150,000 spent per calendar year
- 1 point everywhere else
No foreign transaction fee.
Get to a higher status faster. Earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after each time you spend $30,000 in a calendar year, up to four times per year (total of 60,000 MQMs).
Plus, in 2021 earn an additional 3,7500 MQMs after each $30,000 you spend in a calendar year, up to four times per calendar year.
Priority for upgrades within your status class.
Free checked bag for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation. To qualify, make sure to include your SkyMiles number on your reservation.
New! Get a 15% discount when booking an award flight on Delta using your Delta Miles. Points are worth a minimum of 1 cent per mile on Delta flights when you book flights with the Pay With Miles program.
Earn a free annual companion certificate. The certificate is valid for any domestic round-trip, first-class, Delta Comfort, or main cabin travel booked in fare classes I, Z, L, U, T, X or V. You will need to pay the companions taxes and fees. Max $75.
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4-4.5 years.
Access to Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta) plus, two one time guest passes each year, plus get access to Centurion Lounges (when flying Delta).
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $10,000 per person per trip, max $20,000 per year for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and more.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $75,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get covered for lost or damaged luggage up to $500 per person for checked baggage and up to $1,250 per person for carry-on baggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone is damaged or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Delta Reserve Business credit card. Max 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get complimentary priority boarding on Delta flights.
Receive a 20% discount on inflight purchases.