Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card works for Delta travels. You get the amount of 3 points on Delta purchases, and purchases made directly with Hotels, and 1.5 points on purchases of $5000 or more. You will earn 5,000 MQM points each year after you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months. This card offers global entry or TSA precheck. Enjoy great travel benefits including a free annual companion certificate, the first bag checked bag free (for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation), priority boarding, and more.
- Credit: Fair credit is ok
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Amex will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports.
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
- Downgrade options: The Delta Platinum Business card can be downgraded to the Delta Gold Business ($99). Please note, it is not recommended to downgrade an Amex card before 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $9,800-$15,000
Avg. Credit limit$12,267
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get a higher status quicker, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after each $25,000 you spend in a calendar year, up to 2 times per calendar year. Plus, in 2021 earn an additional 2,500 MQMs after each $25,000 you spend in a calendar year, up to 2 times per calendar year.
Free checked bag for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation. To qualify, make sure to include your SkyMiles number on your reservation.
Points are worth a minimum of 1 cent per mile on Delta flights when you book flights with the Pay With Miles program.
Earn a free annual companion certificate. The certificate is valid for any round-trip, main cabin domestic travel booked in fare classes L, U, T, X or V. You will need to pay the companions taxes and fees. Max $75.
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4-4.5 years.
Get a discount rate for Delta lounges. $39 per visit.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get covered for lost or damaged luggage up to $500 per person for checked baggage and up to $1,250 per person for carry-on baggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $300 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone is damaged or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Platinum Delta Business credit card. Max 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get complimentary priority boarding on Delta flights.
Receive a 20% discount on inflight purchases.