Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card comes along with luxury benefits but for a reasonable price. The benefits are awesome, particularly the free Hertz Presidents Circle for you and your authorized user and the free lounge access for you and your authorized user (this is huge because authorized users are free). The annual fee is $395 but can easily be erased through the $300 Capital One Travel credit and 10,000 points anniversary bonus. The card also has great reward categories of 10 points on hotels and car rentals booked through Capital One Travel, 5 points on flights booked through Capital One Travel, and unlimited 2 points on all other purchases! See all the benefit details below.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months (not always enforced)
- Credit bureau: Capital One will usually pull your Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reports
- If you freeze one credit bureau you can still get approved (the credit bureau you freeze cannot be Transunion)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Capital One will only approve you for one credit card application within every six months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Quickest way to get my card: Your new card will be available in your Capital One app immediately after you get approved (you might need the 3 digit security code on the back of your card to access it, which means you must wait for your physical card to arrive). Capital One physical credit cards cannot be expedited, only sometimes for replacement cards for a fee
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$30,000
Avg. Credit limit$19,280
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- 10 points on hotels and car rentals booked through Capital One Travel,
- 10 points when you book with Turo through 05/16/23
- 5 points on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Unlimited 2 points on all purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Complimentary Hertz President's Circle Status (for you and your authorized users)
Receive a $300 travel credit when booking any travel, including flight, hotel, and car, using the new and improved Capital One Travel portal each card membership year.
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select
Access to Plaza Premium lounges
Complimentary access to the new Capital One lounges (coming shorty to Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, and Washington Dulles airports)
Authorized users receive their own Priority Pass and Capital One lounge access
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $2,000 per person for non-refundable airfare.
Primary coverage for on rentals for collision damage and theft (excluding Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland). Coverage is for rentals for up to 31 days. Max $75,000 per rental
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per trip for lost or damaged luggage. Max is $2,000 for NY residents.
If your flight is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per person to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time-matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Venture X credit card. Max 3 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get 10,000 anniversary bonus points each year.