Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card earns 2 miles on all purchases. You get $100 credit towards Global Entry or TSA precheck and plus no foreign transaction fees. It also comes along with various basic travel insurance, so you can keep calm as you travel.
- Good credit needed
- Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months
- Capital one will do a hard credit inquiry by all three credit bureaus (You can freeze one credit report and still get approved)
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Statement credit for global entry or TSA Pre-Check once every 4 years
Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on a domestic rental (up to 15 days) and primary coverage for international rentals (up to 31 days). Excluding cars rented in Israel,
Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland
Up to $250,000
Up to $3,000 per person ($2,000 for NY residents)
Up to one additional year (max $10,000 each claim and $50,000 per account)
Damage and theft, up to 90 days. (max $500 per claim and $50,000 per account).
Offers roadside assistance, but charges a set fee per service call.