Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card earns 2 miles on all purchases. You get $100 credit towards Global Entry or TSA precheck and plus no foreign transaction fees. It also comes along with various basic travel insurance, so you can keep calm as you travel.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months (not always enforced)
- Credit bureau: Capital One will usually pull your Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reports
- If you freeze one credit bureau you can still get approved (the credit bureau you freeze cannot be Transunion)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Capital One will only approve you for one credit card application within every six months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Quickest way to get my card: Your new card will be available in your Capital One app immediately after you get approved (you might need the 3 digit security code on the back of your card to access it, which means you must wait for your physical card to arrive). Capital One physical credit cards cannot be expedited, only sometimes for replacement cards for a fee
Downgrade options: Downgrade options for Capital One cards are on account basis only. Not all accounts are eligible to downgrade cards. These are the downgrade options for an account that is eligible. You can downgrade the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card ($95) to the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card ($0) or to the Capital One Quicksilver ($0).
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $3,000-$30,000
Avg. Credit limit$13,850
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4 years.
Discontinued after 09/01/21: Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on domestic rentals for up to 15 days, and primary coverage for collision damage and theft on international rentals for up to 31 days (excluding rentals in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland).
Discontinued after 09/01/21: Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost luggage. Max $2,000 for NY residents.
Discontinued after 09/01/21: Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $5000 per claim, $50,000 per account.