Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards card is good for collecting points, giving you unlimited 1.5% cashback on all purchases. It also has some great benefits like travel accident insurance and no foreign transaction fees.
- Good credit needed
- Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months
- Capital One will do a hard credit inquiry by all 3 credit bureaus (you can freeze 1 credit report and still get approved)
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
- Balance transfer fee: 3% for the first 15 months (which you will receive the Intro APR) There is no fee for balance transfers done after the first 15 months
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Capital One Bank
- No penalty APR
- Roadside Assistance
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty Protection