Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards card is good for collecting points, giving you unlimited 1.5% cashback on all purchases. It also has some great benefits like travel accident insurance and no foreign transaction fees.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months
- Credit bureau: Capital One will usually pull your Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reports
- If you freeze one credit bureau you can still get approved (the credit bureau you freeze cannot be Transunion)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Capital One will only approve you for one credit card application within every six months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $1,000-$8,000
Avg. Credit limit$3,188
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% for the first 15 months (which you will receive the Intro APR) There is no fee for balance transfers done after the first 15 months
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Capital One Bank
- No penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim with a $50 deductible if your cell phone breaks or is stolen. To activate coverage you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your credit card. (max $1,000 or two claims per year, whichever is less).
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $25,000 per year.