Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Spark Miles Select Business card is the non annual fee version of the Spark family. It offers 1.5 rewards on all purchases plus many great benefits like auto rental insurance, price protection, and more.
- Credit: Excellent credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Reported on personal credit reports: Capital One business credit cards will report on your personal credit report
- Credit bureau: Capital One will usually pull your Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reports
- If you freeze one credit bureau you can still get approved
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Capital One will only approve you for one credit card application within every six months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Quickest way to get my card: Your new card will be available in your Capital One app immediately after you get approved (you might need the 3 digit security code on the back of your card to access it, which means you must wait for your physical card to arrive). Capital One physical credit cards cannot be expedited, only sometimes for replacement cards for a fee
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $750-$750
Avg. Credit limit$750
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
– 5 points at hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One travel
– Unlimited 1.5 points on all purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Worldwide secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on rentals for business purposes. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days. Covers vehicle with MSRP up to $50,000.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost luggage. Max $2,000 for NY residents.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your SparkMiles Select Business credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
If you buy an item and then within 60 days find the identical item for cheaper at any US retailer, then you will be reimbursed the difference. Up to $500 per item and up to $2,500 per year.
The points can be redeemed as cashback for half a penny per point.
You can redeem 1 penny per point on Capital One Travel, to book flights, car rentals, hotels, and more.
You can transfer your points to any of the following Capital One Travel Partners.
|Transfer Ratio||Transfer time|
|Aeromexico, Club Premier||1:1||Instant|
|Air Canada, Aeroplan||1:1||Instant|
|Air France KLM, Flying Blue||1:1||Instant|
|British Airways, Executive Club||1:1||Instant|
|Cathay Pacific, Asia Miles||1:1||5 business days|
|Etihad Guest||1:1||24 hours|
|EVA Infinity, MileageLands||2:1.5||36 hours|
|Qantas, Frequent Flyer||1:1||24 hours|
|Singapore Airlines, KrisFlyer||1:1||36 hours|
|TAP Portugal, Miles&Go||1:1||Instant|
|Turkish Airlines, Miles&Smiles||1:1||Instant|
|Transfer Ratio||Transfer time|
|ALL Accor||2:1||1 business day|
|Choice Privileges||1:1||Transfers will not be available until later on this year|
You can also pay for travel purchases on your card and offset the purchases with points. You can get 1 penny per point. So for example, a $100 hotel stay charged on your card can be paid back using 10,000 points.