Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards card is great for entertainment and food, including 2% cash back on groceries, as it offers 8% cashback on tickets at Vivid Seats, 4% cashback on dining and entertainment, and 1% cash back everywhere else. This card offers travel benefits too; like no foreign transaction fee and 24-hour travel assistance. It is one of the only credit cards still offering price protection.
- Excellent credit needed
- Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months
- Capital One will do a hard credit inquiry by all 3 credit bureaus (you can freeze 1 credit report and still get approved)
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on rentals up to 31 days (max MSRP $50,000)
Get coverage if you god forbid die in an accident on a Common Carrier while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing, receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get covered up to $1,500 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
Coverage will double the original manufacturer’s warranty for items that have a manufacture warranty of 24 months or less. Max $10,000 per claim.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim with a $50 deductible if your cell phone breaks or is stolen. To activate coverage you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your credit card. (max $1,000 or two claims per year, whichever is less).
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim ($25,000 per year)
If you buy an item and then within 120 days find the identical item listed at any US retailer for cheaper then you will be reimbursed the difference up to $500 per item and up 4 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed more than 4 hours you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries, clothing for up to 3 days.