Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is a great card for the everyday mom. The card earns unlimited 3% cashback on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and groceries (excluding Walmart and Target). Plus 1% cashback everywhere else. Benefits include no foreign transaction fees, price protection, purchase protection, extended warranty protection, auto rental insurance, trip cancelation insurance, and more!
- Credit: Excellent credit needed
- Max cards: Capital One will only let you have a maximum of 2 personal Capital One branded credit cards. (This excludes co-branded credit cards like the Capital One Walmart Rewards card.)
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months (not always enforced)
- Credit bureau: Capital One will usually pull your Experian, Transunion, and Equifax credit reports
- If you freeze one credit bureau you can still get approved (the credit bureau you freeze cannot be Transunion)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Capital One will only approve you for one credit card application within every six months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
Quickest way to get my card: Your new card will be available in your Capital One app immediately after you get approved (you might need the 3 digit security code on the back of your card to access it, which means you must wait for your physical card to arrive). Capital One physical credit cards cannot be expedited, only sometimes for replacement cards for a fee
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,000-$20,000
Avg. Credit limit$5,800
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% for the first 15 months (which you will receive the Intro APR) There is no fee for balance transfers done after the first 15 months
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Capital One, NA
- No penalty APR
– 3% cashback on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at groceries (excluding Walmart and Target)
– 1% cashback everywhere else
– 10% cashback on Uber and UberEats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024.
– 8% cashback on Capital One Entertainment
No foreign transaction fee.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel (airfare only) due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $1,500 per trip.
Worldwide secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days. Covers vehicle with MSRP up to $50,000.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get up to $1,500 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time doubled. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 2 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $25,000 per year.
If you buy an item and then within 120 days find the identical item for cheaper at any US retailer, then you will be reimbursed the difference. Up to $500 per item and up to 4 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.