Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® offers travel benefits, aiming towards Amtrak travel. Benefits include a free annual companion coupon, complimentary station lounge pass, annual upgrade coupon, and more.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America personal cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America personal cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America personal cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a personal Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America personal credit cards open
- BOA 2/6 cards in 12 months rule: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Unless you are a BOA bank account holder, then you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- 24 month rule: The Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard may not be available to you if you currently have or have had the Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard in the past 24 month period. Based on these terms, it seems that you "may" not be eligible for a new card until your previous card is closed for a full 24 months
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian then Bank Of America will pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, Credit inquiries for all Business BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1-888-762-5486 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You can request Bank of America to expedite your physical card by calling Bank of America customer service. Bank of America will in most cases not offer an instant credit card number for your new card.
- Downgrade options: You can downgrade the Amtrak Guest Rewards card ($79) to any of the following cards: Bank Of America Customized Cash Rewards ($0), Bank Of America Travel Rewards ($0), Bank Of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($0).
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $10,000-$13,000
Avg. Credit limit$11,500
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- 3 points on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases
- 2 points on other qualifying travel purchases
- 1 point on all other purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Get boosted to a higher status faster! Receive 1,000 TQPs toward earning tier status after spending $5,000 each calendar year.
Get 5% Amtrak guest rewards points when you book Amtrak redemption travel.
Earn a free companion certificate upon account opening and each year your account is renewed.
Complimentary Station Lounge Pass.
Pay your monthly cell phone bill with this card and be covered in case your phone is stolen or damaged. (There is a $50 deductible on each claim. Max $800 per claim, $1,000 per year. Limit 2 claims per year).
Receive 25% back for inflight purchases of food and drinks.