Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Platinum Delta card works for Delta travels. You get the amount of 3 points on Delta purchases, and purchases made directly with Hotels, and 2 points in restaurants and US supermarkets. This card offers global entry or TSA Precheck. Enjoy great travel benefits including a free annual companion certificate, the first bag checked bag free (for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation), priority boarding, and more.
Earn 40,000 miles after $2,000 spent within the first 3 months (terms apply).Plus, earn $100 statement credit after first purchase made (terms apply).
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 2 Amex cards in 90 days. A customer can have up to 5 Amex credit cards (excluding charge cards). If you already have 5 open Amex credit cards you may be declined (this is not always enforced)
- You can only receive 1 Welcome Bonus per lifetime on each Amex credit card
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Free annual companion certificate
- First bag checked is free on Delta flights
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
- Earn 10,000 MQM after $25,000 spent in a calendar year
- Get a 20% discount on in flight purchases
- Discount rate for Delta lounges ($39 per visit)
- Great mile boost program
- Global assist
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection