Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Everyday Preferred card is great for everyday spending, earning up to 4.5 points on groceries up to 3 points on gas, and up to 1.5 points on all purchases! It comes along with a decent package of shopping benefits including return protection, purchase protection, and more!
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 2 Amex cards in 90 days. A customer can have up to 4 Amex credit cards (excluding charge cards). If you already have 4 open Amex credit cards you may be declined (this is not always enforced)
- You can only receive one welcome bonus per lifetime on each Amex credit card
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Earn 50% extra points when card is used 30 times or more within a billing cycle.
- Global assist hotline
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Return Protection
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection