Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amex Everyday card is exactly that- a great everyday card. Cardmembers earn 2 points for every dollar spent on groceries! Once you use your card 20 or more times you earn 20% extra points on those purchases. You get rewards for the things you would spend on in any case.
- Fair credit is ok
- In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- You can only get approved for up to - and including- 4 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 4 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
- Use your card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% extra points on those purchases
- Global Assist Hotline
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Purchase Protection