Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Wells Fargo Business Platinum card has an interesting reward structure. When applying you will get a choice of either a cashback version or a rewards version. With the cashback version, you will earn unlimited 1.5% cashback per $1 spent. Or, with the rewards version, you will earn 1 point on every dollar spent plus a bonus 1,000 points after your business spends $1,000 or more in a single billing cycle (the reward version is best for a business swiping on average close to a $1,000 a month as that will give you double points per dollar spent). You will need a Wells Fargo Checking account for at least 12 months in order to apply for this card.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- You might need a Wells Fargo bank account: You might need a Wells Fargo bank account in order to get approved for some of their credit cards
- Max-cards: You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Wells Fargo does not report business credit card on your personal credit report
- Double dipping: The welcome offer is not available if for business that already have a Wells Fargo business credit card or had a Wells Fargo business credit card opened or closed in the last 12 months
- Credit report: Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $10,000-$10,000
Avg. Credit limit$10,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Worldwide secondary coverage on rentals for up to 30 days (excluding rentals in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland) .
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time doubled (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.