Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card you will earn 2 points on every dollar spent on Southwest flights and 1 point on every dollar spent elsewhere. You will receive 6,000 points after each card member anniversary year and a great companion pass after 125,000 points earned in a calendar year (including the welcome bonus). Receive you first and second checked bag free, with a $0 charge for changing or canceling a reward booking.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Chase 5/24 rule: There are data points that this card is currently bypassing the 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Chase card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Chase is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. If the first application is still pending, wait for it to be approved before you apply for a second card
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
- Downgrade options: The Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card can be downgraded to the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Card ($69). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
-2 points on Southwest purchases
- New! 2 points on local transit, commuting, rideshares, on internet, cable and phone services, and on select streaming.
-1 point everywhere else
No foreign transaction fee.
Get 1,500 TQPs for every $10,000 you spend on the card. You need a total of 35,000 TQPS per calendar year to reach A-list status. And 75,000 TQPS per calendar year to reach A-list Preferred status
First and second checked bags are free on Southwest flights (this benefit is available to all Southwest customers no matter if you have their credit card or not).
Earn a free companion pass after earning 125,000 Southwest in a calendar year (welcome bonus points are included). Once earned the pass is valid for an unlimited amount of flights for the remainder of the calendar year plus for the full upcoming year. You will need to pay the companion's taxes and fees.
Primary coverage on rentals when renting outside of your country of residence, and secondary coverage on rentals when renting within your country of residence. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.
New! Get 2 free EarlyBird check-in passes
New! Receive 25% back (statement credit) for inflight purchases of Wifi, and drinks.
Get 6,000 bonus points each cardmember anniversary.