Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card you will earn 2 points on every dollar spent on Southwest flights and 1 point on every dollar spent elsewhere. You will receive 6,000 points after each card member anniversary year and a great companion pass after 125,000 points earned in a calendar year (including the welcome bonus). Receive you first and second checked bag free, with a $0 charge for changing or canceling a reward booking.
- Good credit needed
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- The Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card can be downgraded to the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Card ($69). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
No foreign transaction fee.
Earn 1,500 TQPs towards A-List and A-List Preferred status for each $10,000 you spend in a calendar year (max $100,000).
First and second checked bags free for you on Southwest flights.
Earn a free companion certificate after earning 125,000 Southwest in a calendar year (welcome bonus points are included). You will need to pay the companions taxes and fees.
Primary coverage on rentals when renting outside of your country of residence, and secondary coverage on rentals when renting within your country of residence. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.
Get 6,000 bonus points each cardmember anniversary.