Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card is a cheaper option of the Southwest credit cards. You earn 2 points on every dollar spent on Southwest flights and 1 point on every dollar spent elsewhere. You will receive 3,000 points after your cardmember anniversary each year and a great companion pass after earning 125,000 points in a calendar year (including the welcome bonus). Receive your first and second checked bag free, with a $0 charge for changing or canceling a reward booking.
- Good credit needed
- This card is under the Chase 5/24 rule
- If you had received an opening bonus on any personal Southwest rapid rewards credit card in the past 24 months, or you currently have a personal Southwest rapid rewards credit card, then you are not eligible to receive a new bonus
- You can only get approved for up to 2 Chase Credit Cards in 30 days (business card and personal cards are counted separately)
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my application status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- Earn a free companion certificate after earning 125,000 Southwest points in a calendar year (welcome bonus points included). You will need to pay the companions taxes and fees.
- Receive your first and second checked bags free on Southwest flights
- $0 dollar change fee on Southwest flights
- Roadside dispatch service
- 3,000 points every year on your Card member anniversary
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection