Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The IHG Rewards Club is explicitly superb for IHG members, who will earn 25 points per dollar spent at IHG. This card is good for everyday spending too, earning 2 points on gas, dining, and grocery.
- Good credit needed
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase will usually pull your Experian Credit report
- Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Service / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- The IHG Rewards Club Premier card can be downgraded to the IHG Rewards Traveler ($0). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get upgraded complimentary to IHG Platinum Elite Status.
Get a free 1-night hotel stay every account anniversary year.
Save 20% on IHG points purchased with this card. Plus receive your fourth night free when redeemed for 4 or more nights
Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4 years.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per person per trip, max $10,000 per trip, max $20,000 per year, for non-refundable travel expenses.
Worldwide secondary coverage on rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your IHG Premier credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.
Get 10,000 bonus points after $20,000 spent on purchases and make 1 additional purchase each cardmember anniversary.