Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi American Airlines Platinum Business card has an amazing welcome offer! 70,000 points on $4,000 dollars spent! Earn your miles and receive plenty travel benefits, including first checked bag free for you and four companions and preferred boarding on AA flights. This card will have your AA travels covered.
- Good credit needed
- You can only get approved for 1 Citi Personal Card every 8 days, and not more than 2 Citi Personal Cards every 65 days
- American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus Miles are not available if you have received a New Account Bonus for a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select Account in the past 48 months
- Citi will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 645 7240
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- First checked bag free on domestic American airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Earn an American Airlines companion certificate (domestic travel only) after $30,000 in purchases each year
- Earn a $125 American Airlines flight discount after $20,000 or more spent within the first year and you renew your card
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Receive 25% savings on in flight purchases of food, beverages and WiFi on American Airlines flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance