Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The American Express Blue Business Cash Card earns 2% cashback on the first $50,000 you spend annually.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards. No Preset Spending Limit* cards are not included in this rule and do not get counted.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Amex will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,000-$60,000
Avg. Credit limit$13,230
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by American Express
- To receive the Intro APR offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 days after account opening
- Amex will only allow you to transfer up to the lesser of $15,000 or 75% of your credit limit
- Beware: If you make a late payment or a payment is returned then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR offer
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $50,000. You can purchase an Amex premium plan that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer’s warranty time. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.