Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Amazon Business Amex card allows you to shop and save while you make Amazon purchases for your business by receiving 5% cashback. The 90 days 0% APR term financing will give you some payment flexibility on Amazon purchases. It's one of the only Amex cards that does not have an annual fee plus no foreign transaction fees. But, please note you need to be a Amazon Prime member to be eligible for this card.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Step by step guide how on to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$5,500
Avg. Credit limit$5,333
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
Secondary worldwide coverage on rentals up to 30 days (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand). Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000.
Get up to $1,250 per person for lost or damaged luggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents.
Not happy with a purchase? Get a refund on purchases that have passed the store return policy - up to 90 days from date of purchase. Max $300 per claim, max $1,000 per year.
Get one additional year on top of the original manufacturer’s warranty. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less. Max $10,000 each claim and $50,000 per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $1,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.