Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Alaska Airline Business card is great for Alaska Air purchases, earn 3 points spent on that. You will receive a free checked bag with Alaska Airlines, you and six guests! Get Alaska's famous companion fare every year.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- It is advised to have a Bank Of America business checking account for a better chance of approval.
- Step by step guide how to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Max cards: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- 24 month rule: You "may" not be eligible for a new card if your business entity currently has, or has had, another business card with Bank of America in the past 24 month period.
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Bank Of America card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Bank Of America is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Bank Of America will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports.
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then Bank Of America pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, Credit inquiries for all Business BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1-888-762-5486 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You can request Bank of America to expedite your physical card by calling Bank of America customer service. Bank of America will in most cases not offer an instant credit card number for your new card.
- Downgrade options: Unfortunately, the Alaska Airline Business card ($50) cannot be downgraded (you can close the card without it hurting your credit score as the card does not show on your credit report).
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $0-$0
Avg. Credit limit$nan
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
First checked bag free for you and up to 6 companions.
Earn an economy companion certificate after spending $2,000 within the first 90 days. You will need to pay $99 plus the companions taxes and fees.
Get a 50% discount on an Alaska lounge day pass.
Worldwide secondary coverage on rentals (excluding rentals in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland). Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days. Coverage is provided through Visa Business.
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder. Coverage is provided through Visa Business.
Get refunded if your purchase is lost or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account. Coverage is provided through Visa Business.
Receive 20% back for inflight purchases of Wifi, food and drinks.