Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
Earn 65,000 Miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 4 months from account opening.
$99, first-year waived.
- Good credit needed
- American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi/ AAdvantage Platinum Select account in the past 24 months.
- You can only get approved for one Citi personal card every 8 days, and not more than two Citi personal cards every 65 days.
- Citi usually pulls your Experian credit report, but sometimes Equifax.
- If declined you can call 1-800-695-5171 to be reconsidered
Card Details And Benefits
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on AA purchases.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent at US gas stations, cable and satellite providers, car rentals, select telecommunications merchants.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Get an American Airlines Companion Certificate (domestic travel only) after $30,000 in purchases each year.
- $125 American Airlines flight discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card year and renew your card.
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- 25% savings when using your card on in-flight food and beverages and WiFi on American Airlines flights
Please note: Although, I put a lot of effort to give my readers unbiased information. I’m legally required to notify you that I may be receiving compensation from credit card companies mentioned on this page. Please see our Advertisement Disclosure for more details.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.