Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The World of Hyatt card is one of the best Hotel credit cards. You will receive a free night at a Hyatt hotel, every cardmember anniversary year. You will be upgraded to Hyatt Elite Discoverist status. Plus the card has great travel benefits including luggage delay insurance, auto rental insurance, and more!
- Credit: Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Double dipping: Chase will not approve you for this card if you currently have any Hyatt credit card, or if you have received a bonus on any Hyatt credit card within the last 24 months
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$12,000
Avg. Credit limit$8,500
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Get complimentary upgraded to Discoverist Elite status.
Get boosted to higher status by earning 5 complimentary Tier-Qualifying Night Credits each calendar year. Plus, earn 2 additional World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits after each $5,000 you spend on the card (there is no limit to how many additional credits you can get).
Limited time offer! Apply by 09/30/2021 and get 2 tier-qualifying night credit per night you stay from 08/16/2021-12/31/2021.
Get a free 1-night hotel stay at a Hyatt hotel within category 1-4, every cardmember anniversary year.
Get a second free night at a Hyatt hotel within category 1-4, after spending $15,000 on purchases within each cardmember year.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels, and tours.
Secondary coverage on rentals for collision damage and theft. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $500,000 in compensation.
Get up to $2,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip, up to 2 claims a year, to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 5 days.