Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The World of Hyatt card is one of the best Hotel credit cards. You will receive a free night at a Hyatt hotel, every cardmember anniversary year. You will be upgraded to Hyatt Elite Discoverist status. Plus the card has great travel benefits including luggage delay insurance, auto rental insurance, and more!
Earn 30,000 points after a total of $3,000 spent within the first 3 months. Plus, earn on bonus point on all purchases up to $15k (excluding purchases of airline tickets, dining, gym memberships, and transit, which earn unlimited two points).
- Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase will not approve you for this card if you currently have any Hyatt credit card, or if you have received a bonus on any Hyatt credit card within the last 24 months
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- Receive 1 free night certificate at a Hyatt category 1
- 4 hotel every cardmember anniversary year
- Receive a second free night at a Hyatt hotel category 1
- 4 after you spend $15,000 on purchases during your cardmember year
- Get complimentary upgraded to Discoverist Elite status. Plus, get 5 World of Hyatt Tier
- Qualifying Night Credits each calendar year. Plus, earn 2 additional World of Hyatt Tier
- Qualifying Night Credits after each $5,000 you spend on the card (there is no limit to how many additional credits you can get).
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Purchase Protection