Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Wells Fargo Visa Signature card has some great travel and purchase benefits especially for a no annual fee card. Benefits include price protection, lost luggage insurance. auto rental collision insurance, and more! Plus, all points earned will be worth 50% more when redeemed for airfare
- Good credit needed
- You might need a Wells Fargo bank account in order to get approved for some of their credit cards
- You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Wells Fargo bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 120 days of account opening
- No penalty APR
Points are worth 50% more when redeemed to offset purchases of airfare with any airline.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $2,000 for non-refundable common carrier tickets.
Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on domestic rentals, for up to 15 days. Primary coverage for collision damage and theft on international rentals, for up to 31 days (excluding Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland).
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage. Max $2,000 for NY residents.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time doubled (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $25 deductible) if your cell phone gets lost, breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Wells Fargo Visa Signature credit card. Max 2 claims per year.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
If you buy an item and then within 60 days find the identical item for cheaper at any US retailer, then you will be reimbursed the difference. Up to $250 per item and up to $1,000 per year.