Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The JetBlue Plus card is fantastic for saving up on those JetBlue points. You can earn 6(!) points on JetBlue purchases. As well, earn 2 points on all groceries and restaurants purchases. You will earn a $100 statement credit after you purchase a vacation package, first checked bag is free, potential to reach Mosaic status, and more! This card will work well for someone traveling on JetBlue Airlines.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for three cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for another two cards since Barclays is very good about approving for three cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second and third cards to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $2,000-$28,000
Avg. Credit limit$11,254
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- No penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Earn TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for 1 year after spending $50,000 annually.
First checked bag free for you and up to 3 companions. To qualify, make sure to include your TrueBlue number on your reservation
Get a $100 credit for using your card for a JetBlue vacation package each calendar year.
Get 10% of your points back when redeemed, to use towards your next redemption.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip, $10,000 per year, for non-refundable airfare or fares on a common carrier.
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.
Receive 50% back (statement credit) for inflight purchases of food and drinks.
Earn 5,000 bonus points each year after your account anniversary
The points can be used at approximately 1 penny per point to book award flights with one of the following JetBlue airline partners:
- American Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- Cape Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Seaborne Airlines
- Silver Airways
- South African Airways