Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The JetBlue card is fantastic for saving up on those JetBlue points. You can earn 6(!) points on JetBlue purchases. As well, earn 2 points on all groceries and restaurants purchases. You will earn a $100 statement credit after you purchase a vacation package, first checked bag is free, potential to reach Mosaic status, and more! This card will work well for someone traveling on JetBlue Airlines.
- Good credit needed
- Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- No penalty APR
Earn TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for one year after $50,000 spent on purchases annually
Get your first checked bag free for you, and up to 3 companions
Earn $100 statement credit after you purchase a JetBlue vacation package with your card
- Earn 10% of your points back every time you redeem rewards to use toward your next redemption
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency, etc. Max $5,000 per trip for a max of $10,000 per year.
Worldwide coverage on rentals up to 31 days. Coverage is secondary for domestic rentals and primary for international rentals.
Get coverage if you god forbid die in an accident on a Common Carrier while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech or hearing, receive up to $250,000 in compensation
Pay your monthly cell phone bill with this card and be covered in case your phone is stolen, or damaged. (There is a $50 deductible on each claim. Max $800 per claim, $1,000 per year. Limit 2 claims per year).
If your luggage is delayed for a minimum of 4 hours you can claim up to $100 a day for up to 3 days
Receive a 50% Statement Credit for Inflight purchases of food or drinks