Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The JetBlue Plus card is fantastic for saving up on those JetBlue points. You can earn 6(!) points on JetBlue purchases. As well, earn 2 points on all groceries and restaurants purchases. You will earn a $100 statement credit after you purchase a vacation package, first checked bag is free, potential to reach Mosaic status, and more! This card will work well for someone traveling on JetBlue Airlines.
- Good credit needed
- Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report
- Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- No penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Earn TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for 1 year after spending $50,000 annually.
First checked bag free for you and up to 3 companions.
Get a $100 credit for using your card for a JetBlue vacation package.
Get 10% of your points back when redeemed, to use towards your next redemption.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip, $10,000 per year, for non-refundable airfare or fares on a common carrier.
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your JetBlue Plus credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.
Receive 50% back (statement credit) for inflight purchases of food and drinks.