Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Hawaiian Airlines card is true to its name with benefits for those using Hawaiian Air. It offers 3 points on Hawaiian Air purchases, your first checked bag is free, receive 50% off on a one-time companion round trip ticket and receive a $100 companion discount each account anniversary (details below).
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for three cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for another two cards since Barclays is very good about approving for three cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second and third cards to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$5,000
Avg. Credit limit$5,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
No foreign transaction fee.
First checked bag free. The ticket must be purchased with your Hawaiian Airlines credit card and your mileage number must be added to the reservation.
Earn a one time 50% discount for a companion for a round trip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines. Plus, earn a $100 discount for a companion for each account anniversary for a round trip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip, $10,000 per year for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels,
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.
The points can be used at approximately 1 cent per point to book award flights with one of the following Hawaiian airline partners:
- China Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia